As summer draws to a close and colder, crisper air settles into the Pocono Mountains, it’s time to start planning your next vacation. Speaking of things to do in the poconos in the winter, The Poconos’ winter season is magnificent, as the mountains gleam with snowy joy and gladness. Our region is home to the greatest things to do in the Poconos in winter, as one of the most sought-after cold-weather locations in the country! What’s the best part? The snow wonderland doesn’t end there. With our free Vacation Guide, you may learn about all the winter activities. Details about the greatest restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and activities in the Poconos can be found here.
Try snow tubing this winter for a fun and quick way to enjoy the slopes! The views are one of our favorite aspects of snow tubing in the Poconos. Take a snow carpet ride to the top of the mountain for a smooth ride and breathtaking views! Camelback Mountain’s snow tubing resort has a wide selection of lanes that promise thrilling rides and relaxing cruises through a beautiful winter landscape. The slopes at Camelback Resort provide entertaining winter activities you won’t find anywhere else, from unlimited fun to expert terrain.
Skiing and Snowboarding
The Pocono Mountains are great for skiing and snowboarding, with thick snow, smooth lifts, and nicely groomed slopes. At Jack Frost Big Boulder Ski Area, you’ll discover exciting and challenging slopes for all ability levels. Together, these superb ski resorts provide almost 150 acres of snow-covered terrain with 35 beginner to expert level routes at an elevation of more than 2,000 feet. Each season, the slopes are the first to open and the last to close. The resort also has a ski and snowboard school where you can learn the ropes or fine-tune your abilities before hitting the slopes.
Visit a Casino
Visit Mohegan Sun Pocono for unlimited indoor fun if you need a break from all the winter activities! Adults may enjoy the greatest Poconos attractions at the 82,000-square-foot casino. Enjoy shopping, eating, live entertainment, and more while trying your luck at the casino. A large Convention Center is available for concerts and special events. Make a point of visiting it the next time you’re in the neighborhood! It’s one of the most enjoyable things to do in Eastern Pennsylvania.
Snowmobiling at Hickory Run State Park is a must if you want to get your pulse pumping. With this fantastic winter pastime, you may traverse miles and miles of winding, snow-covered tracks. Another great place to go snowmobiling is Promised Land State Park. Over 20 miles of immaculately maintained trails await you, as well as a limitless amount of fun!
Ice skating is one of the most fun things to do in the Poconos in the winter, thanks to our tranquil and snowy winters! Skaters of all levels congregate in indoor and outdoor rinks, as well as frozen streams and ponds. You may put on your ice skates and glide across thousands of square feet of flawless ice at these breathtaking places. Hit the ice at Tobyhanna State Park, Hickory Run State Park, Gouldsboro State Park, or Promised Land State Park for a one-of-a-kind outdoor ice-skating adventure in the Poconos!
As soon as you see our gleaming white peaks, you’ll understand why the Poconos are so special. Snowshoeing is one of the finest ways to see our wonderful region! Our visitors at The French Manor may enjoy complimentary snowshoeing. Explore our gorgeous on-site trails or trek across miles of snowy trails at a nearby state park. This is a wonderful way to spend a romantic day outside with your significant other. With your special someone, take a stroll around our wintery scenery. Then treat yourself to a romantic candlelight meal for two! It’s one of the most romantic things to do in Poconos in winter.
There’s always something interesting to do in our region, no matter when you come! You may go to holiday festivals, Christmas festivities, winter concerts, and more in the winter. At Hawley Winterfest, take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride, go holiday shopping at Jim Thorpe’s Olde Time Christmas, or see a Penguins hockey game. Check out the newest concert at Penn’s Peak if you’re looking for some of the greatest entertainment in the neighborhood. Then come celebrate New Year’s Eve with us at one of the greatest parties in the Poconos!
Winter Day Trips
The Poconos are at an ideal location for visiting the rest of Pennsylvania. Take a gorgeous journey through the highlands, or drive the short two-hour distance and spend an afternoon in New York City. There are so many things to do in The Poconos this winter that you won’t run out of options when it comes to arranging your trip!
Visit a Pocono Brewery
Nearly 300 breweries may be found in Pennsylvania! If you enjoy tasty craft beers, this is the spot for you. Gather your pals and don your drinking hat! This winter, the Susquehanna Brewing Company is a great spot to stay warm. This is a can’t-miss venue with weekly events, amazing beer, and delectable cuisine!
Looking for something a bit different? At Arctic Paws Dog Sled Tours in Skytop, PA (570) 216-2551, hop on a dog sled and push your way down trails behind a team of Siberian Huskies.
May you need to know: 12 Of The Best Hiking Trails In The Poconos To Explore
If you believe fantastic swimming and water fun in the Poconos is only available during the summer, you’ll be pleased to learn about these year-round water park possibilities.
- Great Wolf Lodge: This resort not only has an amazing indoor water park, but also features beautiful hotel accommodations, delectable dining selections, and a variety of stores to visit. When you visit Great Wolf Lodge Resort with your family, there’s no need to check the weather forecast since the temperature is always just right within the lodge’s warm surroundings.
- Camelbeach Mountain Water Park: Camelback Resort, in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, introduces Camelback Lodge and Aquatopia– voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA & one of the best resorts in the Poconos. You can also take advantage of the lodge’s mountain winter activities that include skiing and snowboarding.
- Kalahari Resorts Indoor Waterpark: Come see 220,000 square feet of iconic water park fun at America’s largest indoor water park. Hear the whoosh as you zoom down one of the many hair-raising waterslides. Feel the splash of the wave pool, the thrill of the kids’ play area, or the rush of indoor surfing. You can also relax in your own private indoor cabana and enjoy a flat-screen TV, chaise lounges, refrigerator, security safe, and much more.
Shopping at The Malls
There may be occasions when you need to do some power shopping and visit several places in a short period of time. That’s how life may be at times! In certain situations, a mall’s ease and concentration of alternatives are hard to exceed. The mall can have it all at times. Here are a few options in the Poconos that are within convenient driving distance.
- The Crossings Premium Outlets is a 100-store outdoor outlet mall located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains area. Gap Factory Outlet, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, The North Face, Under Armour, and more are all conveniently located off of Interstate 80, Exit 299, where you can save on daily items from Gap Factory Outlet, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, The North Face, Under Armour, and more. Whether you want to grab and go in our food court or settle down at the Log Cabin Bar & Grill, we have a variety of eating alternatives. As Black Friday approaches, check out their “Deals” page for offers!
- Aéropostale, Bath & Body Works, Bon Ton, Christopher & Banks, Claire’s, Finish Line, Foot Locker, Gertrude Hawk, JC Penny, Kay Jewelers Maurices, Payless Shoesource, and many more can be found in the Stroud Mall, which is situated at 344 Stroud Mall Rd, Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Click here to see what offers are available before Black Friday!
- Palmer Park Mall, located at 123 Palmer Park Mall in Easton, PA, is a 457,981 square foot regional mall with national and local retailers such as American Eagle Outfitters, Boscov’s, Claire’s, Spencer Gifts, and more. They have a lot of restaurants and hold frequent events throughout the year, in addition to wonderful shopping.
Maybe You Concern: Where Is The Best Places To Go Horseback Riding In The Poconos?
Take in a Play
Everyone may enjoy the visual and performing arts in the Poconos region! Take your kids to a musical that is appropriate for the whole family. Alternatively, you may indulge in more adult-oriented fare. Cultural activities abound in the Pocono Mountains, ranging from classic plays and theatrical events to fine art exhibitions and auctions.
There are several locations where you may see a theater performance or attend a concert. Here are a few examples:
- Many of today’s largest plays are performed at the Shawnee Playhouse, which was erected in the 1920s and recently rebuilt. The Sherman Theater has everything you need for a perfect evening of entertainment, including a full bar and a fantastic restaurant. The acoustics, comfort, and historic atmosphere of this amazing performance hall have wowed both audience and artists. For information about forthcoming concerts, see their website.
- Two contemporary movie theaters with digital projection and 3D capabilities are available at the Casino Theater Entertainment Center. More than 70 types of Hershey’s ice cream, as well as unique delicacies including handcrafted waffle cones, sundaes, malts, and egg creams, are available at the entertainment center’s 1950s-style malt shop and restaurant. In the theater, food is served on customized trays that fit into cup holders. Every Monday and Tuesday, the Casino offers “Dinner and a Movie” discounts, which include a home-cooked dinner and a movie ticket for just $11 ($14 if watching a 3D film).
- The Cooperage Project in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, hosts a variety of musical performances (from jazz to bluegrass to chamber music). There’s a lot more to see and do than just listen to music. To view a list of events for the whole family, click here!
Visit historical destinations
The Poconos region has a long history dating back to the time before the towns were built. The Pocono Indian Museum near Bushkill preserves some of the histories of the area’s earliest occupants.
Many of the winter activities in Poconos have also seen significant changes. Mining, manufacturing, and industry, as well as railroading, have all had a long history. There are several locations to visit in the area to learn about a past that is very different from living in the Poconos now. The No. 9 Coal Mine & Museum offers a fascinating and informative tour that allows children (and adults) to view a genuine coal mine that has been kept largely undisturbed since operations were halted. There’s even a museum and a complete hoist shaft, also a museum packed full of mining artifacts.
Explore more things to do to have a memorable experience in the Poconos: Best Parks You Must Visit In Pocono Mountain
We‘re glad to introduce and share with you guys about those magnificent things to do in the Poconos in the winter. Hope you have a great day off with your family in one of the most beautiful places for winter on earth